About the Author
The genetic revolution has provided incredibly valuable information about our DNA, information that can be used to benefit and informand ;but also to judge, discriminate, and abuse. An essential reference for living in today's world, this book gives the background information critical to understanding how genetics is now affecting our everyday lives.
Written in clear, lively language, it gives a comprehensive view of exciting recent discoveries and explores the ethical, legal, and social issues that have arisen with each new development. Linda L.
DNA: Promise and Peril - AbeBooks - Linda L. McCabe; Edward R.B. McCabe:
Edward R. Together they wrote How to Succeed in Academics. McCabe is coeditor, with Thomas P.
- Science News.
- Blood, Ink, and Culture: Miseries and Splendors of the Post-Mexican Condition.
- DNA: Promise and Peril - Linda L. McCabe, Edward R.B. McCabe - Google книги.
Burris, of Nuclear Receptors and Genetic Disease Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon. August 2, - Published on Amazon. Verified Purchase.
April 28, - Published on Amazon. It is a fantastic book that teaches you what you need to know about the DNA and its impacts on society.
The McCabes address many misconceptions and controversial issues in a way that is detailed yet easy to understand. March 5, - Published on Amazon. August 15, - Published on Amazon. In an eighth grade Biotechnology class, I was fascinated by the study of genomic medicine and the prospect of hope offered by gene therapy and regenerative medicine. During the class, I collaborated with several classmates on a presentation on the bioethical issues surrounding the concept of "Designer Babies. DNA: Promise and Peril by Ed and Linda McCabe, offers an inviting, comprehensive, easy-to-understand "travel guide" through the wondrous world of DNA and genetics for both students and medical professionals.
Whether the subject of DNA is interesting to you or not, I promise that a walking tour through the table of contents will have you immediately diving into many enticing chapters!
Go to Amazon. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In. Advanced Search.
Jennifer Doudna: The Promise and Peril of Gene Editing
Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Jackie Leach Scully.
University of Newcastle. Oxford Academic. Google Scholar.
- A Walking Tour of Jamestown, New York (Look Up, America!).
- The promise and peril of genetic testing and personalized medicine | MPR News;
- Figli di una Dieta Minore: Guida Alla Vita del Ciccione (Italian Edition).
- REWRITING LIFE: The Promise and Peril of Editing Your DNA.
- DNA: Promise and Peril | Science News.
- Jennifer Doudna: The Promise and Peril of Gene Editing - WSJ.
- The new biology calls all in doubt!
- The Great Fashion Designers?
Cite Citation. Permissions Icon Permissions. All rights reserved.